Thursday, April 25, 2013

On the importance of shopping around

It quite literally pays off. Cliche, yes, but true. I looked at flights to go home for the summer about two weeks ago, and I about puked from sticker shock. Since then I've been busy taking way too many siestas and doing way too much of nothing, so I haven't had time to look at flights. Today I finally did, and good thing I shopped around.

When I first looked, this is along the lines of what I saw. I wasn't happy about it and actually got a little worried. 



So I looked at trusty Student Universe, the site where I bought my one-way ticket to come to Spain last September. Didn't turn out to be so great this time around.


So then I thought maybe it'd be cheap to fly to Chicago and then either buy a separate flight to Omaha or take a bus. Wrong. Still $701 to go to Chicago through Student Universe.

I looked at Iberia, Spain's airline. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, IBERIA? Almost 2,500 euros to fly to Omaha?


Then Expedia, from Madrid to Chicago. 633 euros. Then Expedia from Madrid to Omaha. 1,300 euros. So no. Then CheapOAir - $634 to Chicago. Nope again.

And then as a last-ditch effort, I Googled "student flights" and found STA Travel, which I had heard of when I studied abroad in Spain and Costa Rica, but I hadn't been impressed by their rates before. Then, THIS:


The exact same flight that is 2,422 euros directly from Iberia is $487 through STA Travel, which is a reputable company, even as too-good-to-be-true as it seems. The site has awesome deals for students and "youths" (me) under 26.

So, I'm coming home June 17, and I ended up paying $487. I'm thrilled.

Un saludo,
Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Transfer case is the most complicated part of an automobile. This complexity is even greater for those who have vehicles with either four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. These vehicles also contain a component called the transfer case. It contains driveshafts that transmit power from the transmission to both the front and rear axles.

    Delta airline is a leader in the travel industry. To enjoy all the services and amenities offered by this airline, you can book a flight. Delta airlines tickets booking on this airline to make your trip the best.

    For any questions related to your Norton Account and Login, visit the Norton Support page, login.norton.com, and to check the top FAQs and other posts; find the additional resources link at the right-middle of the page, and search support.

    Another product from 123.hp.com that is intelligent enough to handle bulk printing needs. HP OfficeJet printers offer advanced voice-activated printing that saves time and produces output at a faster rate than HP OfficeJet printers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...